Bibi Russell, renowned international fashion designer and model and Viyellatex have joined hands together to develop the designing capability for Viyellatex and to promote Bibi’s collection. Bibi Russell, a graduate from London College of Fashion in 1975 have worked as a model for different magazines including Vogue, Cosmopolitan and Harper's Bazaar. She also worked as a fashion model in fashion shows until 1994, working with Yves Saint Laurent, Kenzo, Karl Lagerfeld and Giorgio Armani. Having returned to Bangladesh in 1994, Bibi opened Bibi Productions, a fashion house, fusing indigenous Bengali cultural elements into her line. As of 2004, her company employed 35,000 weavers in rural Bangladesh.
Bibi Russell was rewarded Cross of Officer of the Order of Queen Isabella by the King of Spain. The Asia Week magazine highlighted her as "One of the 20 people to watch in the Millennium". She was awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the London Institute in 1999. UNESCO awarded her the title Designer for Development in 1999. She also got the title of Artist for Peace by the UNESCO in 2001.
Viyellatex, country’s one of the leading and respected organization in RMG industry has the portfolio of CK, PUMA, ESPRIT, MARKS & SPECNCER, NEXT, HUGO BOSS, TOMMY HILFIGER, IZOD, S.OLIVER, OLYMP, PEEK & CLOPENBERG. Viyellatex is looking forward to strengthen its design tem and working closely with buyer to develop new collection. Bibi Russell with her experience and expertise will help Viyellatex team to enhance the design capability in understanding buyer’s trend and offer new collections for the coming seasons. Viyellatex believes that with this partnership the young designers of the country will be able to unleash their potential and this will be a milestone in developing fashion designing in the country.
As part of the partnership Viyellatex will be supporting Bibi collection through sponsoring grass root level weavers. This is expected to bring about qualitative improvements in the life of weavers.
- Viyellatex Limited received BEST DELIVERY PERFORMANCE AWARD by PUMA
- Viyellatex Spinning Ltd received National Export Trophy
- World Bank Chief Economist praises Viyellatex Initiatives while visiting Eco Couture
- Preserving mother’s milk project inaugurated at ISML
- VIYELLATEX proudly hosts visit of Queen Maxima of The Netherlands
- VIYELLATEX CEO moderates Seminar on Environmental Sustainability on Bangladesh Denim Expo
- Hugo Boss delegates visited VIYELLATEX
- Free Friday Clinic & Computer Center launched in Bikash School with support from Rotary Club of Dhaka North West
- VIYELLATEX greeted Puma Chief Operating Officer warmly in Bangladesh
- VIYELLATEX group Chairman featured in just-style.com
- VIYELLATEX group takes over Pledge Harbor International School
- VIYELLATEX group receives CENTENARY AWARD
- Viyellatex Chairman’s Interview on BBC
- Bibi Russell & VIYELLATEX Join Hands Together
- VIYELLATEX cuts carbon emissions by 25pc
- Chairman's Latest Interview with channel '71
- Chairman's interview in PBS News Hour
- Best Employer Award
- VIYELLATEX's News at Bloomberg
- PVH Sustainability and Quality Award 2012