Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of World Bank, Kaushik Basu was immensely impressed by Viyellatex initiative like wages payment through Mobile Banking and building industry in eco-friendly way. He visited Viyellatex LEED Gold certified green factory Eco Couture on December 15, 2015 along with the Governor of Bangladesh Bank Dr. Atiur Rahman and high officials of the World Bank and Central Bank.
Mr. Basu was accompanied by VIYELLATEX group CEO Mr. David Hasanat throughout the visit. CEO bKash Kamal Quadir, VIYELLATEX officials including group CFO Wahed Azizur Rahman, COO Viyellatex Ltd. Ziauddin Ahmed, Head of Eco Couture Mr. Ahamudul Islam were also present on the visit.
Kaushik Basu remarked that the work atmosphere, use of modern technology in financing and eco-friendly outlook of the factory is very commendable. Every worker is pleased with the fact that their wages will be sent directly from their workplace to them via mobile banking at the end of the month. He claimed that Viyellatex garments of Gazipur should be followed by all other garments of Bangladesh.
Here are the links of different media coverage of the visit:
- Viyellatex Limited received BEST DELIVERY PERFORMANCE AWARD by PUMA
- Viyellatex Spinning Ltd received National Export Trophy
- World Bank Chief Economist praises Viyellatex Initiatives while visiting Eco Couture
- Preserving mother’s milk project inaugurated at ISML
- VIYELLATEX proudly hosts visit of Queen Maxima of The Netherlands
- VIYELLATEX CEO moderates Seminar on Environmental Sustainability on Bangladesh Denim Expo
- Hugo Boss delegates visited VIYELLATEX
- Free Friday Clinic & Computer Center launched in Bikash School with support from Rotary Club of Dhaka North West
- VIYELLATEX greeted Puma Chief Operating Officer warmly in Bangladesh
- VIYELLATEX group Chairman featured in just-style.com
- VIYELLATEX group takes over Pledge Harbor International School
- VIYELLATEX group receives CENTENARY AWARD
- Viyellatex Chairman’s Interview on BBC
- Bibi Russell & VIYELLATEX Join Hands Together
- VIYELLATEX cuts carbon emissions by 25pc
- Chairman's Latest Interview with channel '71
- Chairman's interview in PBS News Hour
- Best Employer Award
- VIYELLATEX's News at Bloomberg
- PVH Sustainability and Quality Award 2012